Portals, API, and SNAPmobile were among the affected services.
- Portals and API do not load.
- SNAPmobile does not register due to API not working.
On July 14th, 2020, Portal, API, and SNAPmobile were not working. Inbound and outbound calls are working normally. Other mobile apps such as Bria, Zoiper, etc are not affected.
Event Timeline (All times 24-hour format, EST)
July 14th, 2020
- 4:15 v41.1.2 Patch installed on all Clusters.
- 5:10 Portal and API not loading
- 5:12 NOC team was notified
- 5:25 Tier 3 began an investigation
- 5:33 Tier 3 identified the issue.
- 6:20 Escalated to Tier 4
- 7:13 Tier 4 resolved issue.
- 7:22 Confirmed affected services are running.
Root Cause Analysis
In troubleshooting with our senior engineers, we determined that the portal and API were not functionally due to an Apache misconfiguration upon patch install.
Future Preventative Action
We have verified with our Senior engineers that Apache configuration file is correctly configured.